Ed Mell - Rising Phoenix
- Medium: Bronze
- Edition: 50
- Size: 12.25'' x 8.5'' x 7.5''
Rising Phoenix depicts the mythical bird that is said to ignite at the end of its 500- to 1000-year lifespan, reducing to nothing but ashes. A young phoenix arises from the ashes, reborn anew. The sculpture is made of bronze with an elegant silver nitrate patina.
This sculpture will be cast in an edition of 50, half of which will be offered for sale and one of each of the remaining pieces will be installed in each of Phoenix, Arizona’s sister cities. These sister cities are:
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Catania, Sicily, Italy
- Chengdu, PR of China
- Ennis, County Clare, Ireland
- Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
- Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
- Himeji, Hyogo, Japan
- Ramat Gan, Israel
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates - a partner city - also has this bronze
Published on the back cover of Ed Mell's Southwest: Five Decades by Desert Caballeros Western Museum. Measurements include the base.