Acquired from the son of Elbert Heaton Porter. This is a bronze sculpture that was cast from the original plaster sculpture made in 1939. The original plaster sculpture resides in the Maynard Dixon Museum in Tucson, Arizona. Approximately 5 or 6 castings were made from the original. Porter was a professor of art a the University of Utah in Salt Lake City for 10 years in the 1950-60s. He also apprenticed with Maynard Dixon one summer. Porter was also commissioned by the city of Vernal, Utah to make fiberglass sculptures of dinosaurs in the 1960s. These sculptures are still standing today.