Lisa Danielle Biography
Lisa Danielle Biography
Lisa Danielle, Ranch Romances: Western Love in the 1950's, Acrylic on Board, 20" x 24"
From her studio in picturesque Sedona, Arizona, Lisa Danielle has been crafting luminous still- life paintings for 35 years, bringing to light centuries of cultures of the Western frontier she loves.
Surrounded by historic ranches, Indian lands, and world-class museums, Lisa favors object that are otherwise inaccessible to most, visually preserving moments in time. Cliff dwelling ruins are with within hiking or horseback riding distance, and inspiration is virtually everywhere in her beloved red rock country.
Lisa’s ramblings, however, have led to more distant historic venues, from Montana’s Virginia City, Fort Benton, Crow Agency and many battlefields, to the back country of Death Valley, looking for traces of long past events. The inspiration given her has allowed Lisa to continue sharing her vision through Leanin’ Tree Publishing, major western art magazines, and the seven galleries representing her work throughout the West.
Lisa Danielle paintings garner museum recognition and awards, including “Best Painting” at this show in 2014, but her greatest delight is individuals making a personal connection to a piece, taking home that glowing bit of history, and adding it to their own timeline, thus preserving the continuous tradition of storytelling, from rock art and cave paintings, to the West of the present.
- California State College at Long Beach, Art Major
- Art Center College of Design, Los Angeles and Pasadena
- Long Beach City College, Life Drawing Classes
Collections, Museums, Group Affiliations:
- President, 5 yr, Women Artists of the American West
- First Place and Cash Award, Cowgirl Up! Art from the Other Half of the West, Desert Caballeros Western Museum, Wickenburg, AZ
- 2017 25th Anniversary Celebration, Mark Sublette Medicine Man Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- 2012 4th Annual Small Paintings Shows and Sales, Mark Sublette Medicine Man Gallery, Santa Fe, NM
- COORS National Western Art Show – Denver, CO
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center - Colorado Springs, CO
- “Cowgirl Up!” Show, Desert Caballeros Museum – Wickenburg, AZ
- Holter Museum of Art – Helena, MT
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History – LA, CA
- Mountain Oyster Club Show – Tucson, AZ
- Nicolaysen Art Museum – Casper, WY
- Peppertree Art Show – Santa Ynez, CA
- Favells' Musuem of Western Art and Artifacts, Klamath Falls OR
- The Leanin' Tree Museum, Boulder CO
- Colorado Springs Fine Arts Center, Colorado Springs, CO
- Holter Museum of Art, Helena MT
- Nicolaysen Art Musuem, Casper WY
- San Bernadino County Offices
- Forest Fenn, private collection
Works in Print:
- Phoenix Home and Garden, February 2012, Page 82.
- The Leaning Tree Publishing Co., over 60 images in print
- The 3M Company,
- Guildhall Inc Publishing
- Bruce McGraw Graphics
- Bucilla Needlecraft and Stichery Design Co.
- The Hamilton Collection "Lore of the West" Collector Plate Series
- Great Guns of the Old West
- History of the Osage People, Book Jacket and Frontspiece