Josh Gibson Biography
Josh Gibson graduated with distinction from California College of the Arts in the illustration program and has delved into many other creative worlds including fine art, graphic novels, and animation. His work is stationed in the past and the future at once, utilizing both technological and traditional methods.
Originally a Tucsonan, with a perception forged by the surreal qualities of the Arizonan desert, Josh Gibson finds his interests and influences both near and far. His library is quite singular and features the works of artists from around the globe and through the centuries. From the classical to the offbeat, from western painters, old and new, to the masterful linework of Moebius or the techniques of Maxfield Parrish.
He finds himself preoccupied by the magical dance of reality and continually impressed by the power of the human brain and spirit.
- 2019 "New Works" Group Show, Mark Sublette Medicine Man Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- 2019 "Along the Distant Mesa: An Homage to Maynard Dixon" Mark Sublette Medicine Man Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- 2017 "The Art of the Saguaro" Mark Sublette Medicine Man Gallery, Tucson, AZ
- Southwest Art Magazine, 21 Under 31: Young Artists to Collect Now, August/September 2021
- Western Art Collector, Collector's Focus: Emerging Artists, April 2019
- Western Art Collector, November 2019
- Western Art Collector, April 2019
- "Maynard Dixon's American West: Along the Distant Mesa" by Mark Sublette, 2018
- Western Art Collector, April 2018