48.5" x 28.5" framed. Artist Philip Bellomo, a New York native, moved to Arizona in 1957, where he earned both a BA and an MA from the University of Arizona. Over the next few decades, Bellomo created modernist masterpieces as a freelance artist. Acquired from an old Arizona collection. Owner built a house in Tucson in the early 1950s at a time in which land had to be purchased in 100 acre parcels. This piece was collected during this time period and was used to decorate their house.